Center for Dental Education
The Center for Dental Education (CDE) at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has been established to improve the oral health of Arkansans and others who seek healthcare at UAMS through education, patient care, research and service.
The goals of the Center for Dental Education are:
- To educate culturally competent oral health professionals with outstanding knowledge and skill, an ethical bearing, integrity, sound judgment and a passion to serve.
- To serve as the regional educational foundation of lifelong learning for oral health professionals.
- To establish and enhance oral health services for underserved Arkansans through education and implementation or modification of community service partnerships and interprofessional collaborations.
- To foster an educational environment where creativity, collaboration, diversity and respect are embraced.
- To develop nationally recognized, multi-disciplinary educational programs and research aligned with the oral health needs in Arkansas and the nation.
- To guide future dental education in Arkansas through assimilation of information and projection of recommendations based on excellence, innovation and discovery.
The Center for Dental Education includes the UAMS Delta Dental of Arkansas Foundation Oral Health Clinic and future postgraduate programs for dentists in advanced general dentistry and oral surgery. The UAMS Delta Dental of Arkansas Foundation Oral Health Clinic is conveniently located in the Shorey Building adjacent to the UAMS Dental Hygiene Clinic.
The program in general practice residency is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation [and has been granted the accreditation status of “initial accreditation”]. The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at (312) 440-4653 or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611. The Commission’s web address is: http://www.ada.org/en/coda
Last Accreditation: February 5, 2015
Accreditation Cycle: 1 year
Accredited Through: 2016
Self Study: CODA Accreditation Definitions
Accrediting Body Reports: CODA Residency Approval Letter
Agency address: 211 East Chicago Avenue, Suite 1900, Chicago, Il 60611-2637