In April 2017 UAMS underwent a site visit by the Higher Learning Commission, our regional accrediting agency. In advance of that visit, UAMS had prepared an Assurance Statement that addresses the five HLC Criteria on which we will be evaluated. Each of these criteria were assigned a committee to demonstrate UAMS’ competency in each area. The Chairs of the committee can be seen below and a full list of the accreditation teams can be seen here http://hlc.uams.edu/new-page-for-linkage/committees/.
- Mission – Tim Hill, Chair
- Integrity: Ethical and Responsible Conduct – Bob Bishop, Chair
- Teaching and Learning: Quality, Resources and Support – Kevin Ryan, Chair
- Teaching and Learning: Evaluation and Improvement – Susan Long, Chair
- Resources, Planning and Institutional Effectiveness – Bill Bowes, Chair
The Assurance Statement was developed by Criterion Committees made up of faculty, administrators, staff and students from across the university and has been submitted for campus-wide review. To request a copy or provide feedback on the report or you can contact the HLC Accreditation Manager, Jeffrey DeSantis at firstname.lastname@example.org.